An Introduction to Telehandlers: Features, Functions, and Uses
Telehandlers, also known as telescopic handlers, are versatile and powerful machines that have become essential tools in various industries, including agriculture and construction.
Telehandlers, also known as telescopic handlers, are versatile and powerful machines that have become essential tools in various industries, including agriculture and construction. They are known for their ability to reach heights and distances that traditional forklifts cannot.
Today we’ll introduce you to the world of telehandlers, discussing their features, functions, and uses. We will also highlight the range of Bobcat Agricultural and Construction Telehandlers available to buy or hire from Delecca’s, and how we serve the needs of our customers in regional Victoria and southern New South Wales.
What are Telehandlers?
A telehandler is a multi-purpose machine that combines the features of a forklift, crane, loader and cherry picker. It typically consists of a telescopic boom with a variety of attachments, such as buckets, pallet forks, hay forks or muck grabs, that can be mounted at the end of the boom.
Telehandlers are known for their versatility and can be used for lifting, moving, and placing loads, as well as accessing hard-to-reach areas.
Key Features of Telehandlers
Telehandlers have several features that make them stand out in the world of heavy machinery. These include:
- Telescopic Boom: The most distinctive feature of a telehandler is its telescopic boom, which can extend to various lengths, allowing the operator to reach heights and distances that would be impossible with a traditional forklift.
- Attachments: Telehandlers can be equipped with a wide range of attachments, making them suitable for various tasks. Common attachments include pallet forks, buckets, muck grabs, and lifting jibs.
- Four-Wheel Drive and Steering: Most telehandlers are equipped with four-wheel drive and steering, which provide excellent manoeuvrability and stability on rough terrain.
- Outriggers: Some telehandlers, such as the Bobcat T40.180, have outriggers or stabilisers that can be extended to increase stability when lifting heavy loads or working at great heights.
- Operator Cab: Telehandlers typically have an enclosed cab with ergonomic controls, providing a comfortable working environment for the operator.
Agricultural telehandlers are designed to handle the demands of the farming industry. They can be used for various tasks, such as moving hay bales, loading and unloading materials, and stacking pallets.
Delecca’s offers a range of agricultural telehandlers, including:
- Bobcat TL30.60 Agricultural Telehandler: This compact model is ideal for small and medium-sized farms, offering a maximum lift capacity of 3,000 kg and a maximum lift height of 6 metres.
- Bobcat TL35.70 Agricultural Telehandler: With a lift capacity of 3,500 kg and a lift height of 7 metres, this telehandler is suitable for various agricultural applications, such as stacking hay bales or transporting materials.
- Bobcat TL38.70HF Agricultural Telehandler: This high-performance telehandler offers a lift capacity of 3,800 kg and a lift height of 7 metres, making it ideal for larger farms and heavy-duty tasks.
- Bobcat TL43.80HF Agricultural Telehandler: This powerful model boasts a lift capacity of 4,300 kg and a lift height of 8 metres, making it suitable for the most demanding agricultural applications.
Construction telehandlers are designed to handle the challenges of construction sites, such as lifting and placing heavy materials, reaching high areas, or navigating rough terrain. To ensure safety and stability, these machines can be equipped with outriggers that extend out from the side of the telehandler.
The outrigger acts as a stabilising leg and can be adjusted to provide additional support and balance when lifting heavy loads or working at great heights. Various attachments can be used to suit different tasks, such as buckets for earthmoving or lifting jibs for handling long materials.
Overall, construction telehandlers are an essential tool for many construction projects, as they can operate safely and efficiently even in challenging environments.
At Delecca’s we offer a selection of construction telehandlers, including:
- Bobcat TL30.60 Construction Telehandler: This compact model is perfect for small construction sites, offering a lift capacity of 3,000 kg and a lift height of 6 metres.
- Bobcat TL35.70 Construction Telehandler: With a lift capacity of 3,500 kg and a lift height of 7 metres, this versatile telehandler can be used for various construction tasks, such as moving pallets or placing beams.
- Bobcat TL40.180 Construction Telehandler: This heavy-duty model offers a lift capacity of 4,000 kg and a lift height of 18 metres, making it suitable for large construction projects and demanding applications.
Common Uses of Telehandlers
Telehandlers can be used for a wide range of tasks across various industries, including:
- Material Handling: Telehandlers can lift, move, and place materials, such as pallets, bales, or bags, with ease, making them ideal for agricultural and construction applications.
- Loading and Unloading: With their ability to reach high areas and extend horizontally, telehandlers can be used to load and unload materials from trucks, trailers, or storage areas.
- Earthmoving: Equipped with a bucket attachment, telehandlers can be used for earthmoving tasks, such as digging, grading, or backfilling.
- Maintenance and Repair: Telehandlers can be used to access hard-to-reach areas, such as roofs, facades, or high structures, making them useful for maintenance and repair tasks.
- Landscaping: Telehandlers can be used for various landscaping tasks, such as moving soil, gravel, or mulch, or lifting and placing heavy objects like rocks or trees.
Telehandlers are powerful machines, and it’s crucial to follow safety guidelines when operating them. Some safety tips include:
- Ensure the operator is trained and qualified to operate the telehandler.
- Perform daily inspections and regular maintenance to keep the telehandler in good working condition.
- Always use the appropriate attachment for the task at hand and ensure it is securely attached.
- Be aware of the telehandler’s load capacity and never exceed it.
- Use outriggers or stabilisers, if available, when lifting heavy loads or working at great heights.
- Be cautious when operating on slopes or uneven terrain and avoid sudden movements.
Bringing It All Together: The Power of Telehandlers in Your Business
Telehandlers are versatile and powerful machines that have become indispensable tools in the agriculture and construction industries. With their telescopic booms, various attachments, and four-wheel drive capabilities, they can handle a wide range of tasks with ease. Delecca’s offers a comprehensive selection of Bobcat Agricultural and Construction Telehandlers to buy or hire that meet the needs of customers in regional Victoria and southern New South Wales.
When choosing a telehandler, it’s essential to consider the specific needs of your business, such as the required lift capacity, lift height, and the types of attachments you’ll need. By selecting the right telehandler for your needs, you’ll be able to work more efficiently and effectively, whether you’re in agriculture, construction, or any other industry that requires versatile and powerful lifting equipment.
As you explore the world of telehandlers, remember to prioritise safety, and follow best practices to ensure the well-being of operators and those working around the machinery. With the right equipment and adherence to safety guidelines, telehandlers can be a valuable addition to your business, helping you tackle tasks that were previously impossible or time-consuming with traditional equipment.
At Delecca’s, we’re dedicated to providing you with high-quality machinery that meets your unique needs. If you’re interested in learning more about our range of telehandlers or need help choosing the right model for your business, don’t hesitate to contact us for expert advice and assistance.